[R] Maximum likelihood estimation of Regression parameters

Bart Joosen bartjoosen at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 16:45:41 CEST 2006

I'm working with lm for some time, so I know the function.
The problem was that I purchased the book to learn more about linear models
and couldn't find the equivalent for the maximum likelihood in R, I used lm,
mle, and a few others, but it never allow you to set a variance parameter.
But after reading some further, I should be aware of posting to quick, sorry
for that.

I have read the Practical regression and anova in R by Faraway some month
ago, and I know that the Venable and Ripley book should be the one to buy,
but I think I can't find it for about 10$ as I did with the "Applied linear
statistical models".

As I'm not in the position to spend a lot of money an buying books, I should
do my work with the contributed documents, and the "wrong" book.

Thanks for your help and time both of you

Bart