[R] Chapters

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Mon Jun 12 16:22:32 CEST 2006

Thanks.

Reading the discussion of differences between S and R, I had almost come to
this conclusion but wanted to be sure. Since R keeps its working data in
RAM, the use of chapters seemed unlikely, but I wanted to be sure.

I am, however, surprised this has not come up before. The online
documentation says R is an "implementation" of S, but since there are no
standards defining S versus variations on it, exactly what an
"implementation of S" means is not clear. Besides, other than the online
documentation on R, people using R must use the various books using S. I had
expected others to have asked for clarification on the differences between R
and S, including the various incarnations of the latter.

Thanks again.

	Marsh Feldman

Dr. Marshall Feldman
Acting Director of Research and Academic Affairs
Center for Urban Studies and Research
The University of Rhode Island
80 Washington Street
Providence, RI 02903-1819