[R] Rebuild private R package.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 25 09:31:08 CEST 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, penga at ttk.ru wrote:

> Hello!
> Suppose I have my own R-package with long src/ subdirectory. If I edit
> only one file from this directory what I have to do to make R recompile
> only this file and resulting *.so library but not the all other source
> files? It looks to me like the default behaviour has changed in R-2.3.1.

I will presume you are using a Unix-alike, but you failed to say (please
do study the posting guide and supply the basic information requested).

You have not said how you are doing this: R CMD SHLIB still works as you
want.  What changed was R CMD INSTALL on Unix-alikes in 2.3.0, to allow
for multiple sub-architectures.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk