[R] sapply question

Afshartous, David afshart at exchange.sba.miami.edu
Wed Jun 28 19:37:33 CEST 2006

Andy,
My apologies for my very poor email.   Below is some simplified code.
I think my confusion has more to do w/ embedding the sapplpy within
another function and
returning the result, thus this would apply to your "split" suggestion
as well.
However, when I run this the result is still empty.
thanks!
dave

creatine.function.new.3 = function(dat) {
result =  sapply(levels(dat$Patient_no), function(i)
	{
		subdat <- subset(dat, dat$Patient_no==i)
		U = subdat$UV
		r = numeric(6)
		for (i in 1:6) {
			r[i] = 2*U[i]