[R] calculating the spacial autocorrelation for poisson data

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at est.ufpr.br
Wed Jun 28 20:32:21 CEST 2006

Hi Ronaldo

As an exploratory analysis you can fit a glm to the data and
use variog() on the residuals to check if there is an spatial correlation.

The approach in geoRglm is more compreheensive and you can fit a
Poisson model with spatially correlated random effects using MCMC maximum
likelihood with likfit.glsm()

There are some examples in the geoRglm web page
http://www.daimi.au.dk/~olefc/geoRglm/

best
P.J.

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação)
Departamento de Estatística
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990