[R] R script autoload at startup

Nick Drew ndrew at efn.org
Sat Mar 4 14:59:24 CET 2006

Regarding question #2:

You can write a package that attaches a menu if using Rgui on Windows.

For example, I use something like this in one of my packages:

## --------------------------------------------------------------
.onAttach <- function(...){

    cat("You have loaded COREtools, version",
packageDescription("COREtools", fields = "Version"), "\n")

	if ("RTerm" %in% .Platform$GUI)
		cat("COREtools menu not available in Rterm\n")

	on.exit(if("Rgui" %in% .Platform$GUI) COREtoolsMenu())

}

Then I put my menu code in a function called 'COREtoolsMenu'.

This works well for me.

~Nick