[R] bug in map('world') ?

Gregory Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed Mar 8 22:54:09 CET 2006

There is a function recenter.Map in the TeachingDemos package that can
be used with the maptools packages (rather than the maps package) to
move polygons around for better looking maps.  The original idea was to
put the Alaskan islands on the left of the map rather than having some
of them on the far right, but it also works to creat a pacific centric
map or other things.  It is still pretty basic as a function, if anyone
wants to improve it (it could probably use a lot of improvement) they
are more than welcome.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.