[R] install.packages saying the car package is not in the repositories

Jeremy Morris jeremydmorris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 23:22:10 CET 2006

I am attempting to install the car package using the command :

> install.packages('car',.Library)

After I have chosen a mirror, I get the following message :

Warning message:
no package 'car' at the repositories in: download.packages(pkgs,
destdir = tmpd, available = available,

I used the CRAN.packages() function to see what was going on, and the
car package is not listed.  I have also tried several mirrors, all
with the same error message.  I have tried to install other packages,
this has been successful.

Any help would be great.

Jeremy