[R] R GUI's on a Mac?

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Tue Mar 14 16:18:41 CET 2006

Hi,

On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Martin Maechler wrote:

> I think for Berton's question, the only necessary step is
>
>  JFox>>> 1) Install X11.app from Apple Install disks (this is a
>  JFox>>> must if you want to use any tcltk-based package with R.app).

The initial step is to make sure that the tcl/tk link is installed
while installing
R.app on Mac OS. This is possible during the 4th step of installing
R.app
(select the Customize button that shows up in the lower left corner
of the
installer window). I typically suggest folks load Fortran as well at
that point,
same customize screen.

Regards,
Rob