[R] The R "fork"

pau carre pau.carre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 10:51:10 CET 2006

Hello, I would like to call a function that can take infinite time to
be executed in some circumstances (which can not be easily detected).
So, I would like that once the function is being executed for more
than two seconds it is stopped. I have found documentation for timers
but i did not found how to "kill" a function. Moreover, I would like
not to change the function code (it should work in all R versions and
I want to use the default function because of the updates in its
package).

Pau