[R] new package error message

Jason Liao jg_liao at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 16:46:41 CEST 2006

Thank you very much, Prof. Ripley. This is our own package and in R
only, no C or Fortran code. We are doing this on Windows. So it seems
that we have to setup the complete R development system for a simple R
package to work.

Maybe we should just source() the file in, less elegant though.

Jason

--- Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> In every case I have ever seen mentioned, the solution was to install
> the
> package properly by R CMD INSTALL and not by a manual kludge.
>
> The message is given if the installation lacks the metadata in the
> Meta
> subdirectory which INSTALL creates.
>
> --

Jason Liao, http://www.geocities.com/jg_liao
Dept. of Biostatistics, http://www2.umdnj.edu/bmtrxweb
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
683 Hoes Lane West, Piscataway‚ NJ 08854
phone 732-235-5429, School of Public Health office
phone 732-235-9824, Cancer Institute of New Jersey office