[R] confige error:X11 headres/libs

thomas phillipson thomas_phillipson203 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 12:09:05 CET 2006

Can someone who uses SuSe Linux (I currently use 9.3) please tell me what I
need toto to avoid the
message

configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not
available

without setting --with-x=no

currently my /usr/lib/X11 directory looks like this

ls /usr/lib/X11
app-defaults  fvwm2      nls        twm          XErrorDB   Xmodmap
Cards         getconfig  Options    wmmount      xinit      Xmodmap.remote
etc           icons      proxymngr  x11perfcomp  xkb        Xresources
fonts         lbxproxy   rgb.txt    xdm          XKeysymDB  xserver
fs            locale     rstart     xedit        xman.help  xsm

thanks
tom