[R] how do I tell configure where to find Java? [Broadcast]

mike waters dr.mike at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 3 22:12:52 CEST 2006

For a jre you could create a file called /etc/profile.d/java.sh containing
the following (JAVA_HOME path will need to point to the correct directory
for your particular Java version):

#!/bin/sh
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_08
export JAVA_HOME
JAVA_BIN=$JAVA_HOME/bin
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$JAVA_HOME:$JAVA_HOME/lib
PATH=$JAVA_BIN:$PATH
export JAVA_BIN CLASSPATH PATH