[R] compiling rgdal package on windows / macos

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Thu Oct 5 01:06:31 CEST 2006

I just tried the Packages>Install package(s)..  menu item on my fresh
R-2.4.0-patched and rgdal just shows up on the list of packages to install,
so I am not sure what the problem is.  Alternatively, you can download the
Windows *.zip file from any CRAN repository and install it from your hard
drive.

Hope this helps,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             Dylan Beaudette
             <dylan.beaudette@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
             r-help-bounces at st                                          cc
             at.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       [R] compiling rgdal package on
             10/04/2006 05:46          windows / macos
             PM

             Please respond to
             dylan.beaudette at g
                 mail.com

Greetings:

As I am not a windows user, I cannot try this: is it possible to install
rgdal
on windows without having to compile it from source ?

Compilation on MacOS is within my abilities, however each time i try and
install the rgdal package it dies complaining that it cannot find
gdal-config --- which was recently installed with GRASS. I have updated my
PATH environment variable, logged out, but R still cannot find the
gdal-config program.

any tips on getting the rgdal package up and running on MacOS or Windows
would
be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

--