[R] Plackett-Dale Model in R

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Oct 13 04:54:53 CEST 2006

      I'm not familiar with the Plackett-Dale model, and
RSiteSearch("Plackett-Dale") produced nothing.  Google led me to an
article on "Plackett-Dale Inference to Study Inheritance"
(http://doclib.uhasselt.be/dspace/bitstream/1942/466/1/molg23.pdf#search=%22Plackett-Dale%22).
This article discusses parameter estimation to maximize a
pseudo-likelihood for a "Plackett-Dale distribution", defined in other
references.  If you can write a function to compute the Plackett-Dale
distribution, it should not be too difficult to maximize it (or minimize
the negative of its logarithm).  From that you should be able to get
Wald approximate confidence intervals, likelihood ratio tests, etc.

      However, unless it's available under some other name, it looks to
me like it's not included in any current CRAN package.

      I know this is not what you wanted, but I hope it helps.
      Spencer Graves