[R] Multiple barplots on the same axis

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 13 17:26:03 CEST 2006

--- Andre Nathan <andre at digirati.com.br> wrote:

> Hi
>
> R newbie here :)
>
> I need to plot 3 barplots in the same axis,
> something like

>    |      _            _            _
>    |     | | _        | | _        | | _
>    |   _ | || |     _ | || |     _ | || |
>    |  | || || |    | || || |    | || || |
>   -+-----------------------------------------
>    |     v1           v2           v3
>

> Is there any documentation describing how to achieve
> that, and what data
> file layout would make the job easier?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andre

You might have a look at "Using R for Data Analysis
and Graphics - Introduction, Examples and Commentary”
by John Maindonald
and at
“An Introduction to S and the Hmisc and Design
Libraries”
 by Carlos Alzola and Frank E. Harrell

Both are available on the R site : Follow the trail
Other > Contributed documentation.

Are you aware of R Site Search
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/search.html?

To do what you want using traditional R graphics you
should read up on par() Type   ?par

Here is some really quick and dirty code that might
help as a starting point.
aa<- 1:4
bb <- c(2,3,5,6)
cc <- c(4,5,6,7)