[R] for help

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Oct 24 18:38:33 CEST 2006

Hi

Date sent:      	Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:03:08 -0500
To:             	r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
From:           	Aimin Yan <aiminy at iastate.edu>
Subject:        	[R] for help

> I have a question in R.
>
> In directory H:/Delta_angle
> I have 19 files like this:
> ALA.delta
> ASN.delta
> ASP.delta
> CYS.delta
> GLN.delta
> GLU.delta
> HIS.delta
> ILE.delta
> LEU.delta
> LYS.delta
> MET.delta
> PHE.delta
> PRO.delta
> SER.delta
> THR.delta
> TRP.delta
> TYR.delta
> VAL.delta
>
> I want to read these files to 19 data sets in R.
> All these data sets have "P","AA",index","delta" columns
> I want to do histogram for variable "delta" in each data set,
> and label the histogram by mean, standard deviation and number of
> observation for "delta" column. Do you know how to do these in R?

I hope I would manage with some effort.

Believe me, you could manage too with similar effort.

Look at

read.table, hist, mean, sd, length help page

Read some intro manual provided with installation, especially R-data
and R-intro

Maybe you can look into help archives. At least I do it if I meet
some problem.

And before your next post you shall just look into posting guide.

HTH
Petr