[R] R-question

Thorsten Muehge MUEHGE at de.ibm.com
Wed Sep 13 12:18:24 CEST 2006

Hello Colleagues,
I programmed in SAS for 3 years and would like to switch to a not so costly
software product.

Hence I started to evaluate R, and my first test look promising.

However I have some question:

1. Is it possible to query R files by SQL internally on data frames (not on
a database) and how is the syntax (I have the RODBC package installed).

I would like to extract year, Quarter, week, from a date column in a data
frame (see attachment). After this I want to attach the column to the
original data frame.

How do I do this in R?

Dr .Th.Mühge,

PMP®
Procurement Technology Center
IBM Deutschland GmbH, Hechtsheimer Str.2, D-55131 Mainz
Phone: xx49-(0)6131-84-2416
Mobile: xx49-(0)15117457978
e-mail: muehge at de.ibm.com
(See attached file: Debug1.csv)