[R] R-question

Anupam Tyagi AnupTyagi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 14:01:47 CEST 2006

Thorsten Muehge <MUEHGE <at> de.ibm.com> writes:

> 1. Is it possible to query R files by SQL internally on data frames (not on
> a database) and how is the syntax (I have the RODBC package installed).

It is possible to do similar things "conceptually" in R as in SQL---at least the
basic SQL queries (I have not tried others). Unlike SQL, R retains the sort
order. So far as I know you can not use SQL code to query R data-frames. But you
can put SQL code in a .R file and use RODBC or ODBC (I have used this) to send
SQL queries to database; you can also get the results from SQL queries back to R
as R objects.