[R] Different results in agnes and hclust

rrein rrein at pooka.otago.ac.nz
Tue Sep 26 00:14:46 CEST 2006

Hello to everybody,

I have a question regarding the results obtained from the hclust and the
agnes funtion using the ward algorithm because they seem to differ from each
other. I also ran a cluster analysis using the ward algorithm in Matlab and
obtained the same results as from agnes.
I'm using the pvclust package in order to confirm the clustering results
which internally uses the hclust function. Therefore I'm not too shure what
to do with the results. This problem doesn't appear when using the average
algorithm.

Regards
Robert Rein