[R] [R-pkgs] the IPSUR package

G. Jay Kerns gkerns at ysu.edu
Tue Sep 26 00:27:10 CEST 2006

Dear useRs,

We are pleased to announce the preliminary release of the IPSUR package.

The primary audience was originally envisioned to be upper division
undergraduate mathematics/statistics/engineering majors, but other useRs may
find this material useful.

In a nutshell, this package slightly modifies and adds selected
functionality to the R Commander by John Fox.  The changes were meant to
customize Rcmdr for our Statistics classes, populated for the most part by
the audience above.  Some clever functions written by John Verzani were
translated to IPSUR from UsingR.

Downloads for the package (while the CRAN submission is pending) are at

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/IPSUR/package/index.htm

Check out the "Features" page to see what the package offers.

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/IPSUR/package/features.htm

Full credit must be given to John Fox, together with his diverse team of
dedicated contributors.  Indeed, without all of their countless hours of
effort the IPSUR package would not be possible.  Kudos to them for providing
excellent software to the R community.

Cheers,
Jay

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
E-mail: gkerns at ysu.edu
http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/