[R] printing a variable name in a for loop

Suzi Fei feis at ohsu.edu
Sun Sep 24 07:04:18 CEST 2006

Hello,

How do you print a variable name in a for loop?

I'm trying to construct a csv file that looks like this:

	Hello, variable1, value_of_variable1, World,
	Hello, variable2, value_of_variable2, World,
	Hello, variable3, value_of_variable3, World,

Using this:

	for (variable in list(variable1, variable2, variable3)){

		cat("Hello,", ???variable???, variable, ", World,")
	}

This works fine if I'm trying to print the VALUE of variable, but I want to
print the NAME of variable as well.

Thanks,
Suzi