[R] Extention of Pie Chart in R (was Re: Adding percentage to Pie Charts)

Anupam Tyagi AnupTyagi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 18:21:23 CEST 2006

Jim Lemon <jim <at> bitwrit.com.au> writes:

> I admit to interpreting this pretty loosely, but I would like to know
> what people think of a "fan plot".

Hi all, I tried the fan.plots that Jim has been very nice to provide. It made me
think if there was something like, "clock.plots" in R? Something like the
following, anything that comes close?

The idea an extention in yet another way of Pie Charts, extending the fan.plots
provided by Jim.
* A value will be depicted on a "clock.plot" using 1 or 2 hands of an analog
clock on a circle calibrated from 0 to 100 (same as 0).
* For values between 0 and 99 use the position of only one hand of the clock
(needle).
* For values of 100, use the second hand (needle), and move it to 1.
* Some way to identify needles, and two two overlapping needles.
* Use color coding or line-types to differentiate variables.

This is basically a clock calibrated on a scale of 100, rather than 60. It can
visually depict values between 1 and 10000.

Do we have something like this R?

Anupam.