[R] GAM/GLM parameters

james155 james.faulconbridge at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:45:24 CEST 2007

I think this might be a very basic question, but is there a simple way to
characterise the relationships that a gam or lm model have identified? I am
trying the create species distribution models based on climate, and want to
know whether, for example, higher temperatures (one of the predictor
variables) leads to a higher probability of species presence (dependent
variable). Also, how can you quantify the relative contribution of each
predictor variable to the final model?

Many thanks,

         James