[R] Question for install Rapache package.

CharlieChi tsang0323 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:23:46 CEST 2007

Jeffrey Horner wrote:

> Hi Charlie,
>

> Charlie wrote:
>> Hi, this is Charlie and I am trying to embed R in my apache server.
>> However, I am having problem with installation. The R projet says that we
>> can install add-on package with command $R CMD (rapache.0.1.4.tar.gz).
>> However, I try to use it in command windows (windows xp) and an error
>> shows. Please tell me when I can use the command (in c?? or in the same
>> folder with the file).  thx.
>> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
> The RApache distribution of software, rapache-0.1.4.tar.gz, is a
> combination of glue code for embedding R into Apache and a proper R
> package (RApache) which is installed via R CMD INSTALL.
>
> You can find installation instructions right on the project home page:
>
> http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/RApacheProject
>
> RApache runs extremely well under Unix-alikes, but as I don't have
> access to develop on a MS Windows box, your mileage may vary.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeff
> ---
> http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner

Hi, this is Charlie, I am a student who needs to complete a project  by
combining PHP, MySQL, and R together. Actually, I am really beginner with R
and I am sorry for unclear posting while there was chaos in my mind.

Now I will make my question clear. In order to install the package from
source, I follows the process from Rtools (http://www.murdoch-
sutherland.com/Rtools/) and installs all necessary softwares (Rtools, Perl,
fpTex, the HTML Help Workshop, Inno Setup installer). Althouhg I just want
to install the RApache package, but I still decide to have them all.

Then I copy the file "rapache-0.1.4.tar.gz" to the bin under r-2.4.1 and
type command "Rcmd install rapache-0.1.4.tar.gz". However, it shows me a
message - "open(R.INSTALL/rapache-0.1.4/DESCRIPTION): No such file or
directory".

I have found the description file is under folder of RApache and is
different from other packages while the file is not under aother folder.
Therefore, I move it out from the folder of RApache, compress it as .zip,
and install it through R. Finally, I can find it in my library list but it
does not work. I am wondering if there is any mistake with the process.
Thank you for your helping.