[R] Odp: (no subject)

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 24 12:11:00 CEST 2007

Hi

you shall:

use appropriate subject e.g. how to subset data
use [ ] brackets
initialize object donC before using it for assignment

and maybe try to look to some docummentation how to manipulate R objects
(Paul Johnsons R tips are easily found by Google and they help me a lot
during my first steps)

BTW split(don[, some.columns], don$Id_Cara) could maybe do what you want
without using for cycle

Regards

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz

r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch napsal dne 24.04.2007 11:48:48:

> I wanna display some data which there are subsets of a dataframe called
"don"
> but there are errors like this
>
> > L=as.numeric(levels(factor(don$Id_Cara)))
> > for(i in L){
> + donC(i)=subset(don, Id_Cara == i, select = c( Id_TrT1, Id_Geno,
Id_Rep, Val_O))
> + donC(i)
> + }
> Erreur dans donC(i) = subset(don, Id_Cara == i, select = c(Id_TrT1,
Id_Geno,  :