[R] deldir package - voronoi

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 12 23:47:41 CEST 2007

On 12/08/2007, at 1:22 PM, zubin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am using the deldir package to visualize my data, pretty neat.
> However, i need to fill the colors using polycol =, fill with colors
> like a heatmap - more of a gradient fill.   The only colors i get are
> very blocky - how do i assign the correct colors for a gradient,
> even a
> grayscale?  i tried the chart of R colors, using 200 numbers for
> grayscale but not getting them.  The polycol = colors the cells in the
> tesselation with the value a specific vector for color.

	<snip>

I'm sorry, but I can't help here.  I've been struggling with colors,
in a different
context, recently myself, and I'm unclear as to how they work.  There
are a bunch
of functions --- palette(), colorRamp(), colorRampPalette() that
probably relate
to what you want to do, but I'm not sure just *how* they relate.

With a bit of luck, someone cleverer than I will come to your rescue.

				cheers,

					Rolf Turner