[R] Artifacts in pdf() of image() (w/o comments)

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:43:15 CEST 2007

But is it a bug? Can a program anti-alias text and line drawings and
not bitmaps?

On Aug 13, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 8/13/2007 11:07 AM, Michael Kubovy wrote:
>> Dear Friends,
>> Thanks for your input.
>> FYI: Preview doesn't show PDF aliasing in the image I produced if
>> I  uncheck the "Anti-alias text and line art" box under the PDF
>> tab in  Preferences. So I'm not yet ready to drop Preview from my
>> toolbox.
>
> An alternative to dropping Preview is to report the bug in it to
> Apple.  Apple has an online bug reporting web page somewhere; I
> haven't found them as helpful as R-help, but your mileage may vary.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/