[R] Artifacts in pdf() of image() (w/o comments)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Aug 13 17:56:47 CEST 2007

On 8/13/2007 11:43 AM, Michael Kubovy wrote:
> But is it a bug? Can a program anti-alias text and line drawings and
> not bitmaps?

Anti-aliasing is the removal of artifacts caused by displaying an image
on a low-resolution bitmapped display.  Introducing artifacts is a bug.

If it wasn't a bug, why did it bother you so much?  And why do you think
it's reasonable to complain about it on R-help, but not to complain
about it to Apple, who are clearly responsible for it?

Duncan Murdoch