[R] Artifacts in pdf() of image() (w/o comments)

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Mon Aug 13 19:33:58 CEST 2007

Hi Duncan,

I was trying to learn to remove the artifacts by setting the
parameters of the image so that anti-aliasing wouldn't produce them
(analogous to making sure that the screens of two halftone screen
process images are in register before combining them so as to avoid
Moiré patterns). So, I wasn't complaining; I was looking for
instruction. Since the image was computed with R, it's reasonable for
me to ask R experts to help me out of what I thought was caused by my
ineptitude. (Regarding your question, "If it wasn't a bug, why did it
bother you so much?"---there are many things that bother me that are
not bugs.)

Moreover, I'm not opposed to complaining to Apple, once I have been
assured that I'm not reporting a bug where there's none.