[R] use AnnBuilderSourceUrls with local path insted of ftp adress

Daniela Albrecht Daniela_Albrecht at gmx.de
Thu Aug 16 14:10:41 CEST 2007

Hallo everybody.

I want to build my own GO package using the function GOPkgBuilder of AnnBuilder. It uses AnnBuilderSourceUrls to collect data from different ftp sites. These data are not complete for my organism, so I would like to change the ftp adresses to a local one. The changing itself is working but when I run the script I get the following Error:

Error in loadFromUrl(file.path(sourceURLs[["EG"]], "gene2go.gz")) :
 URL /path/to/file/gene2go.gz is incorrect or the target site is not responding!

The full code of the script is this:

library(AnnBuilder)
list<-options("AnnBuilderSourceUrls")
list$AnnBuilderSourceUrls$EG<-"/path/to/file/"
options("AnnBuilderSourceUrls"=list$AnnBuilderSourceUrls)

GOPkgBuilder(pkgName = "GO", pkgPath = ".", filename = "go_200706-termdb.obo-xml.gz", version = "v.1.0", author = list(author = "author", maintainer = "maintainer <main.tainer at mail.net>") )

Thanks in advance for any help.

Daniela Albrecht