[R] book on regular expressions

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 13:42:18 CET 2007

>>> "hadley wickham" <h.wickham at gmail.com> 11/12/2007 17:02 >>>
> Could someone recommend a good book on regular expressions with focus
on
> applications/use as it might relate to R.  I remember there was a
mention of
> such a reference book recently, but I could not locate that message
on the
> archive.

It's not specific to R, which wraps regular expressions up in quoted
strings so has a couple of wrinkles compared to Perl, but I found the
O'Reilly " Regular Expression Pocket Reference" a good quick reference,
and rather cheaper than the whole book. It's hard to see R users needing
chapter and verse on the complete gamut of regexps.

Steve E