[R] book on regular expressions

ngottlieb at marinercapital.com ngottlieb at marinercapital.com
Wed Dec 12 16:18:20 CET 2007

I recommend the following Book on regular expression matching:

"Mastering Regular Expressions" by Jeffrey Freidl
Publisher: O'Reilly
ISBN:0-596-52812-4

Based on the my "blood, sweat and tears" of using regex type patterns
which can be very obfuscated, in addition to reading
the syntax from the above book there is some very good software
tools to test the patterns:

See these link:
http://regexlib.com/default.aspx

http://www.regular-expressions.info/

Finally in the software spirit of R and Shareware an invaluable too to
Test expressions is the software:
1-Expresso  http://www.ultrapico.com/
2-Regexdesigner.Net http://www.sellsbrothers.com/

Hope this Helps...