[R] book on regular expressions

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:27:40 CET 2007

> I don't think anyone has mentioned the references given on the help page
> ?regexp: they are a great deal more reliable than some of the third-party
> write-ups that have been mentioned.

They are good technical references, but I don't think they're very
helpful for someone trying to learn regular expressions.  For example,
mastering regular expressions takes a very task based approach which
is helpful if you want to learn how to match an email address or url
correctly with a regular expression (harder than most people think),
or to match paired brackets.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/