[R] investigating interactions with mixed models

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 22 23:32:01 CET 2007

Hello Rachel,

I don't think that there is any infrastructure for these procedures on
lmer objects, yet.  If you are willing to use lme instead, then the
multcomp package seems to provide post-hoc tests.  It is worth noting
that there is some doubt as to the validity of the reference
distributions for tests of fixed effects in the presence of random
effects.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Why-are-p_002dvalues-not-displayed-when-using-lmer_0028_0029_003f

Cheers

Andrew