[R] SNA Matrix

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at telenet.be
Tue Jan 2 10:36:01 CET 2007

Salvaj, Erica wrote:
> Hello
>
> I export a one mode network from Pajek to R, and the former made an .r file  called PajekR.r, that is actually an script to be run in R
> The problem is that what the file actually does is to set a 0 martrix and then assing to each pair of nodes the corresponding values. Since the matrix is huge (10.000 nodes) a copy/paste procedure is very time consuming, and I guess pretty inefficient. So the question is: are there any way to read directly the .r file in R, without copy and paste the sentences of the script in the R console?

The command you are looking for is source.

If PajekR.r resides in your working directory, it
is as easy as

source("PajekR.r")

Otherwise replace "PajekR.r" with the full path to this file.

An other option would be

source(choose.files())

which fires up a GUI that lets you browse for the file.

HTH,
Tobias