[R] R and threading

Simon Pears s.p.pears at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 12:16:55 CET 2007

Hi,

I am considering using R to integrate with a Java application. However,
before deciding upon R I need to understand if R is capable of dealing with
multiple requests simulataneously.

Is a single instance of R capable of dealing with multiple simulataneous
requests or does a new instance of R have to be started for each request?

I have read Luke Tierney's 2001 notes on threading at
http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/thrgui/thrgui.pdf.
Have these concepts been introduced into the R engine?

Regards

Dr.Simon Pears