[R] kate editor for R

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jan 19 03:30:30 CET 2007

Like kile for LaTeX, Linux/KDE's kate editor is an excellent editor for
R, with easy code submission to a running R process.  Syntax
highlighting is good.  I have  not been able to figure out two things:

- how to automatically reformat a line or region of text using good
indentation rules (Emacs/ESS make this so easy by just hitting Tab while
the cursor is in a line, or highlighting a region and hitting Esq q)

- how to cause auto-indenting as you type braces.  For me, kate puts a {
in column one

Thanks for any pointers.

Frank