[R] Problem with loading tkrplot

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 19 07:05:22 CET 2007

As it happens I used TeachingDemos/tkrplot on Windows (R 2.4.1) with a
class example yesterday.

It looks to me as if the issue is in the R installation. Remember that Tcl
support is optional when R is installed, and can be influenced by
environment variables.  So my first check would be that the tcltk demos
all work.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, jim holtman wrote:

> I asked the maintainer and he indicated that it might be a dll problem.  Has
> anyone see this problem?  I had installed the latest copy of tkrplot.  I was
> trying to use teachingDemos when I first got the error.
>
> On 1/18/07, Luke Tierney <luke at stat.uiowa.edu> wrote:
>
>> Looks like tcl can't find the dll or something along those lines. As
>> this is windows you'll have to ask someone who uses that platform
>> to help figure out why.
>>
>> luke
>>
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, jim holtman wrote:
>>
>>> I was trying to use the teachingDemos package and was getting an error
>>> trying to load tkrplot.
>>>
>>> I downloaded the latest copy and here is what I am getting on the
>> console.
>>> You were mentioned as the maintainer on the manual page.  Do you know
>> why
>>> this error might be occuring?

>>> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>>> trying URL '
>>> http://www.stathy.com/cran/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/tkrplot_0.0-16.zip'
>>> Content type 'application/zip' length 24119 bytes
>>> opened URL
>>> downloaded 23Kb
>>>
>>> package 'tkrplot' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>>>
>>> The downloaded packages are in
>>>       C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Local
>>> Settings\Temp\RtmpqEShrb\downloaded_packages
>>> updating HTML package descriptions
>>> Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class =
>>> "tclObj") :
>>>       [tcl] could not find interpreter "Rplot".
>>> Error in library(tkrplot) : .First.lib failed for 'tkrplot'
>>> R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
>>> i386-pc-mingw32
>>>
>>> locale:
>>> LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
>>> States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk