[R] eval() parse() and problem with square brackets

Jakub Jurdziak enzo83 at wp.pl
Tue Jan 23 20:39:47 CET 2007

RExcel and R (D)COM Server together allow you to write R commands in
Excel, execute them in hidden instance of R and get results back to
Excel. For more details - see http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom/.

The problem I have arises because R commands written in Excel are
transformed before execution in R (among other thing eval and parse are
added). I can get the result of the transformation and try to execute it
in normal instance of R (not hidden one started from Excel) - this is
how I've found where the error comes from.

In my first post I have simplified situation and haven't mention about
using Excel at all.

Jakub