[R] Loess with more than 4 predictors / offsets

Louisell, Paul ploua at allstate.com
Tue Jan 23 22:51:41 CET 2007

I apologize for clogging up inboxes, but I realized I needed to amend
what I said in my last comment below:

In fact, I'd like to specify that it be unconditionally linear, but with
estimated coefficients, _both an intercept and a slope_.

If the "offset" were only multiplied by a nonzero constant c, this would
have the effect of moving the whole response surface -log(c) units
parallel to the response axis in the scenario I outline below. This
would effectively give me the same thing I already have.

Paul Louisell
650-833-6254
ploua at allstate.com
Research Associate (Statistician)