[R] total correlation

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 23:23:15 CET 2007

Hi, there:

I have an idea and it needs to calculate "total correlation" for a set
of variables, because I need to evalate how cohesive or related a
group of variables are (If someone knows other ways to do that, please
be advised! thanks!). After searching the archives and googling, I
just two related functions entropy and entropy.joint while the latter
only deals with two variables.

So, I am wondering if I miss something here during my search (btw, I
am not very good at searching so sometimes I posted some questions
which are simple by searching).

BTW, if there are functions not only dealing with discrete but also
with continuous ones, it will be great !

thanks,

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D
Research Scientist