[R] transform excel data into graph

cross123 ctsirigos at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 23:38:16 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,
I have a set of data in the following form, which are stored in an Excel
file:
                 nick       john       peter
lesson1       0.465     0.498     0.473
lesson2       0.422      0.44      0.134
lesson3       0.45       0.35       0.543
lesson4       0.590      0.64      0.11
lesson5       0.543      0.5        0.32

What I want to do is a 2d-graph plot where I will have  the name of the
student in the X-axis and the name of the lesson in the Y-axis and the
number from each pair will be used to construct the plot.
I am newbie with R and I don't know which package shall I use nor the
commands with which I will import my data in R so that the plot will be
created...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.