[R] Write columns from within a list to a matrix?

Stephen Tucker brown_emu at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 22:10:19 CEST 2007

Very close... Actually it's more like

savecol2=sapply(test, function(x) x[,1])

to get the same matrix as you showed in your for-loop (did you actually want
the first or second column?).

"when I have multiple complex lists I am trying to manage"...
for this, you can try mapply() which goes something like
mapply(function(x,y) #...function body...#,
       x=list1,y=list2)