[R] Updating packages in Ubuntu feisty for 2.5

Christophe Bonenfant bonenfan at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Jul 25 21:57:18 CEST 2007

Hi -  I do have exactly the same problem with the same distribution
(Ubuntu Feisty amd64) and am unable to upgrade to R 2.5.1. The
r-base-core is version 2.4.1 in Ubuntu depositories while all others
r-cran related packages are upgraded to R 2.5.1 (r-base-dev, r-base...).
So far I have been unsuccessful at upgrading R. I posted on the Ubuntu
forum but got no answer yet.

Details:

$ uname -a

Linux bronski 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Jun 7 19:00:28 UTC 2007
x86_64 GNU/Linux

 > R.version
                _
platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          4.1
year           2006
month          12
day            18
svn rev        40228
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)

Christophe