[R] Cause of error message in cov function?

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:37:45 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have written a script in R that simulates genetically informative
data - it is posted on my website and available to the public. This is
my first time to write a script for use by others and am learning that
it isn't as easy as it seems.

To the issue. My script runs fine on my machine and on a server I have
access to, but a user has written me saying that it crashes the first
time the function "cov" is called up. Below is her error message
followed by the version of R she's using.

Can anyone help me out here? I can't recreate her error message. Does
anyone know what this might have to do with? Is it a version issue
(she's using R 2.1)? I'd appreciate any help!!

Matt

ERROR MESSAGE:

cov.varcomp <- cov(t(effects.cur[c("A","AA","D","F","S","E","AGE","AGE.by.A"),]*beta2))

there is an argument mssing.
error message:

Error in mean((a - mean(a)) * (b - mean(b))) :
       argument "b" is missing, with no default

SPECIFICS OF HER MACHINE:

> memory.size()
[1] 10985480
> R.Version()