[R] dyn.load( ) problem

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:22:33 CEST 2007

Ian McCarthy wrote:

> I am trying to access a dll with dyn.load, but I get an error message box
> titled "R Console: Rgui.exe - Unable to Locate Component". The error
> message itself states "this application has failed to start because
> libifcoremdd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this
> problem." I have reinstalled the program (with full installation) but
> still get the same error. I received the dll from a colleague who never
> had this issue on his computer, so I don't think it is problem with a
> compiler or the source code.

And where is the file libifcoremdd.dll?

Looks like you have to install the Intel Fortran compiler, as this DLL is
its component ("Intel-specific Fortran I/O intrinsic support library when
compiled with /MDd",
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/fortran/windows/sb/cs-007847.htm),
or, at least all DLLs, your DLL depends on.
Try using Dependency Walker to resolve these
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/).