[R] R vs. Splus in Pharma/Devices Industry

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Thu Jun 14 18:32:50 CEST 2007

But sweave is expanding.  There is a driver for HTML sweaving in the
R2HTML package and the odfWeave package allows you to sweave with open
office docs (which can be converted to/from MS word).  I personally like
using LaTeX and the original sweave, but I work with people who want
everything in MS word or similar, so for them I will create a template
file in open office, odfWeave that, convert to MS word and send that to
them.

I think the offset is more that S-PLUS 8 is supposed to implement many
of the things that R does now (I don't know which, I'm waiting for my
copy of 8), so soon it may be possible to sweave in both.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at intermountainmail.org