[R] JGR, Java and Kubuntu 7.04 ...

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Fri Jun 15 12:32:15 CEST 2007

You could download the latest R (2.5.0) directly from CRAN, this just as
a side remark, You find instructions here:
http://cran.au.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README

With java you should make sure that you have the Java 5 JDK installed.
I dont know how it is with Ubuntu but on fedora I have to set the java
alternative (sun java installation does not change the default java
there). Which java is installed you can check with java -version there
you see it it is properly installed and a R CMD javareconf also
indicates if your java is configured correctly. Additionally on Fedora I
had to set JAVA_HOME to the JDK directory manually.

Stefan