[R] R-2.5.1 problem listing dataframe in GUI/CMDLINE

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jun 29 22:40:39 CEST 2007

Roy Wilson wrote:
> I have a dataframe called hawk. Source file looks ok. read.table seems
> ok. Can view using R editor. Again looks fine.
>
> Now, I am new to windows version of R. When I type in 'hawk' under
> Linux, I expect to see the rows listed. That isn't happening, as shown
> below.
>
>> attach(hawk)
>> hawk
> Error in print.matrix(as.matrix(format.data.frame(x, digits = digits,  :
>         7 arguments passed to 'print.default' which requires 9
>
> Tried this first in 2.5.0. Then installed 2.5.1, tried in both in R
> GUI and R Cmdline. same result. Is this a bug or a mind bug of mine?
> :-)

Quite probably you are using a new version (R-2.5.x) of R but mixing it
with some packages for a less recent version of R. Do you have some base
packages for less recent version of R installed in a non-standard
library that is in the search path? .libPaths() should reveal other
libraries.

Uwe Ligges